Monday, October 22, 2007

Scones

We made orange-almond scones today. Yummy! This is the picture after we cleaned up the counter. Madeleine can't wait to get her hands on them.

Matthew and I had a good time measuring. I told him to tell me when we reached the line for 1 cup of milk. He didn't tell me to stop until 1 1/2 cups. Oops, "we went over the line, Matthew". For some reason, he thought that was SO funny. He kept repeating it.

He also kept repeating "P" when we started talking about the "reciPE". "P" is such a funny letter because it sounds like #1, and that always leads to so much laughter. Even Madeleine joined in on it all.

I remember when my mom took my brother Mike, my cousin Kathy and I camping when we were little. I can't really remember the game exactly, but somehow we were pulling big plastic letters out of a bucket and when we pulled out the "P" it was all over. We couldn't stop laughing until...well I guess we fell asleep at some point.

A new generation and a more laughter about "P".

2 comments:

Margie in Oakland said...

That is completely funny. At least its P jokes, it could be worse.

Anonymous said...

That's cute and all, but how'd the scones turn out?