Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

We went to Lemo's Farm in Half Moon Bay today. My mom came with us. It was a field trip for Matthew's school.

There were all sorts of activities, aside from finding pumpkins. The kids went on a pony ride (first time for Madeleine), train ride, tractor/hay ride, haunted house, jumpy house. and petting zoo. We had loads of fun, but we wanted more.

On the way home, we stopped off for tacos at the beach in Pacifica. We sat outside, watched the ocean, ate lunch and collected rocks.

The other day Matthew told me he really wanted a collection of rocks. Today he tried to sneak a few boulders in, but I explained that he could only collect rocks that he could carry.

In a valiant attempt, he tried to tell me the rocks (boulders) were for me. There was a quiet understanding that then I could carry them. There was also a quiet understanding that I had no interest.

He decided on several very large rocks that he could carry and we headed home...2 pumpkins and 3 rocks richer.

1 comment:

Margie in Oakland said...

those pictures are awesome, so cute! Dang. I want a pumpkin.