Monday, October 22, 2007

Painting

I took Madeleine outside to paint. It was a beautiful day to be doing things in the sun. She had fun painting the paper, the grass, the sidewalk, etc.

She likes to do art projects. She can spend a lot of time at the kitchen counter coloring, painting, pasting and adding stickers. She sings quietly as she works, although I don't always understand the words.

I get a little nervous when the glue starts piling up on the paper or when crayons or paint start falling on the floor like dominos, but I try hard to be calm. I wouldn't want to crush a future Monet.

Recently, a mother at Matthew's pre-school warned me about the dangers of having a sample as a guide for projects. Apparently there are guidelines for appropriately developing an artist. I just do my best and try to have fun with them.

1 comment:

Margie in Oakland said...

How exciting. A budding artist. Let the crayons fall where they may.