Monday, March 3, 2008

A Super Day

My friend Tamara and her daughter Rachael came for a visit about a week ago. Sadly, I'm only now getting these great pics of the kids up on my blog.

I have been SO busy trying to put together all the pictures, art work, pre-k papers, certificates from soccer, music, and swimming and all the other memories that I've been stashing away over the past 5 years.

It's all going into a yearbook that Matthew will get when he graduates from preschool this Spring. Although it took many hours to scan ALL the albums of digital pics on our computer, I actually had a lot of fun organizing it into themes and matching up art work, etc with the themes. I saved the score card from a field trip to the bowling ally 2 years ago and was able to put it together with a picture I had taken from the day. I felt like Super Mom. The book still needs to be made, but all the pieces are very organized. The mom who volunteered to do Matthew's book will be happy with me at last...I finally have everything together for her.

Back to our visit with Tamara and Rachael. It was one of those perfect days that you couldn't have planned to be so perfect. First, the kids made pictures in the kitchen and had some hot chocolate. Then we packed up lunches for the kids and headed out for a walk down the street to the play area at the school. Matthew got out his motorized vehicle and led the way. Madeleine insisted on walking by herself, so thankfully Tamara kept up with Matthew and made sure he didn't crash into anything.

Once at the school we enjoyed beautiful weather and ate our lunches. Tamara brought a fantastic salad from one of her favorite eateries in Marin for the adults. It was so yummy! The kids played in the school yard and took turns driving the car and chasing after each other. It was fun to watch them and to chat with my good friend.

On the way back to the house, we encouraged Matthew to drive his car on the road for a few feet so that we could make our way to a driveway where he could get the car on the side walk easier. He was VERY hesitant and reminded us that he shouldn't be driving on the road until he's 15 and has a driver's license. Can't argue that I guess.


At the house we blew up the jump house and let the kids hang out a little more together. They were having such a great time, we couldn't bear to end it yet.

All in all, it was a super day. Can't wait to see them again soon.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those days. Sounds really fun. OK. I am jealous.
–M