Friday, April 4, 2008

Say "Cheese"

Earlier in the week we had "Crazy Day". Today we had "Picture Day", but for me it seemed like Crazy Day. It was my work day at the school, so it was a full day. I brought a snack for everyone...items that don't stain. Parents that couldn't stay the whole day left instructions (make sure my child takes their coat off for the group picture, can you change her shoes when she goes out to play after her photo?, etc.) and various bags with personal items. I did it all...lined everything up like an assembly line, memorized important details and executed perfectly as if they were all my own children. At this point in the year, they sorta feel that way. We're all like family now. I changed them into their play clothes and gave them a hug and a kiss before they went out to play.

I can't believe Matthew is graduating next month from preschool. I toured the school when he was 3 mos old and today he took pictures in his cap and gown. All the parents were proud of their kids. They were all so handsome/pretty. They know each other very well now and are like brothers and sisters. They know little things about each other...who likes dinosaur's, trains, action figures and butterflies.

I think Matthew will miss everyone. He's had a great time at Village and had the best teachers and parents taking care of him and the other kids. We were one of the first one's in this morning and were greeted by his head teacher Barbara. She was sitting at the table ironing the caps and gowns. His other teacher, Theresa, was putting all the puzzles out for them to play with between pictures (solo, group, grad solo, grad group). They are very dedicated and loving. We have been blessed to find such a wonderful school.

Madeleine is ready to be next at Village. She had a great time playing all day and fit right in with all the kids. She started to sit with everyone for the group picture so I went to get her, but everyone said to just leave her. She's around the school so much she's like a mascot. In the end, she got up on her own. It will be her turn next year.

The photo lady was really nice and let me use my own camera to take these pictures. Madeleine's dress will likely look pink instead of white in the real pictures, but these are nice for blogging.

2 comments:

Ginette said...

These photos are pretty darn cute.

Ok, so is this a new thing that they get preschool "graduation" photos? How funny! I don't remember that! What do they do for a graduation ceremony? I am sure I will love it when my kid is in that spot, but right now it just cracks me up!

Christine said...

I don't think it's new. I think some schools do it and some don't. Our Director has been there for 30 years and she's always done it. It's a nice ceremony that helps the kids and families say good-bye. Especially nice at a co-op, since we all work there SO much and know each other really well. It's hard for the kids to leave their friends and teachers. This helps them transition. The ceremony is super cute. They all come out in the caps and gowns, they sing a song for the families and then they receive a yearbook that parents put together as a gift for each others kids. Then a cake, a little outdoor play with friends and good byes. It's nice.