Friday, April 18, 2008

A Day At The Pool

Matthew is on Spring Break this week. We've been low key most of the time since we've been hit by the stomach flu. Madeleine has it today, but yesterday everyone seemed healthy. The weather has been spectacular, so we went to Target and got a kids pool. I was going to get the basic round do-dad until Matthew said, "but I like the whale one because it reminds me of the story of Jonah in the belly of the whale". That's one of his favorite bible stories, aside from Noah and the Ark.

The other cool feature about the whale shaped kids pool, is that it sprays water. The kids were into it. I was into it. We got it.

After bringing it home we put it out on the lawn and I started blowing. It took awhile. The kids kept me going. Matthew gave me hugs and chanted "you are the BEST Mommy EVER" to encourage me to continue. It worked. I finished.


The kids frolicked and I kept the supplies coming...drinks, snacks, more/less water, sun screen, water toys, towels. It was really fun. I loved watching them play and giggle and splash. I took lots of pictures to document it all.

After we finished, I took a moment to check my email/blogs while the kids cleaned up. I came across a blog from a friend of mine. She made a post about her kids and their pool time. Kids, sun and pools go well together. Now we just have to get our kids together for fun in the sun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - you are the coolest mom ever! The job you did - planning to buy the pool, going to get it, and servicing the kids while they enjoyed it could be viewed as lotsa work (and I'm sure it was) but I'm getting the impression that you really enjoyed the whole thing...and who shouldn't!? Thanks again for reminding me how fun being a mom can be.

Margie in Oakland said...

Yes, your pool DEFINITELY beats ours. Luckily, my kids didn't see the whale. We might just have to invite ourselves over for a swim...