Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lickers?

Marc made Matthew's lunch the other day and he put something new in it. Matthew liked it so much he requested it the next day. "Dad, would you put lickers in my lunch again?" What the heck are lickers? Are they popsicles? Ice-cream push ups? Can't be...no sugar at school. It's celery sticks with peanut butter, of course (plus the pic gives it away)! He licks the peanut butter off and discards left over celery sticks into the ziploc bag for disposal. If I were writing a book with recipes for kids, I would definitely include lickers and hope that other kids eat the celery. It's just a great name for food.

BTW, the kids liked the Green Eggs and Ham from last week so much that they voted to make that for my MD breakfast in bed. Thank goodness I liked it too!

2 comments:

Margie in Oakland said...

My kids love lickers, Max loves the celery as well! I am so happy to have a name for them...thanks, Matthew.

Ginette said...

HA HA HA. I love that your little man makes me laugh out loud! What a great name for a great treat.