Monday, January 21, 2008

Birthday Princess

Madeleine had her 2nd birthday party on Saturday. It was a very nice day complete with sunshine in the middle of January. There were lots of little people to celebrate with her...cousin's Gianna and Clayton, her brother Matthew and friend Havah. She had a blast jumping around with them, playing and eating cake.

She was blessed with lots of wonderful clothes and toys from her family and friend Havah.

She really is 2 now. She's constantly asserting herself..."I do it!" She wants to do everything, even read her own books. She takes the book from me and says "I read it". She flips through the pages and tells her own story. It sounds like she's singing out her thoughts and identifying whatever she can see in the pictures.

She copies whatever her big brother does. Tonight he put on his jacket and called it his space jacket. He pulled out one of the stools in the kitchen and crouched underneath it. So, Madeleine did the same thing. He counted down from 10, 9, 8... and so did she. He made the blast off sound and so did she. It's fun to see them play together.

At night, after we read, we turn out the lights and sing in the rocking chair. I usually sing a song and then sing the notes with other misc words...like singing row, row, row your boat, but saying la, la, la, la, la instead. She started the practice of singing ya, ya, ya, ya, ya. She hits all the notes. Recently, she started requesting songs. Tonight she wanted E-I-E-I-O. Then she wanted the "dogie song"...BINGO. It's really fun when she sings along with me. And I love it when she asks me to "sing more songs Mommy". Trust me, she's the only one making that request. She doesn't realize my challenges in this area yet.

Here are some snapshots of our little princess on her special day.

2 comments:

Margie in Oakland said...

So sorry to miss the birthday bash but it looks like she had a GREAT time! Wow, time sure is flying.

We need to get our 2 yr olds together soon, before our 4 yr olds turn 5...hurry!

Anonymous said...

I love the anecdotes...the way it gives me a little window to your life! So precious (and gets me so excited for the future with Dayla)!

What a beautiful birthday cake! Is Marc still making them? Happy Birthday Madeleine!...love Aunt Ginette