Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tahoe

Tahoe was great fun this year. We took a pic in our best white and blues with the trees and lake behind us. We started doing this last year. It should be fun to see how things change each time. All together we had my Aunt Diane (Dad's sister), my cousins Barbara, Kathy and Steve, Steve's wife Nancy, their son Clayton, and us.

On the way up we stopped at Rubio's for the best fish taco's ever. I don't even like fish, so that says something.

Next, we pulled off in Colfax to see the train station. No trains around, but there was a free hot rod car show. Matthew liked a couple cars that reminded him of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. They both enjoyed the ice cream shop. We got a cup of fantastic ice cream for only $2. Each cup had 2 flavors and the scoops were HUGE. The boys shared one and the girls shared the other. Madeleine doesn't eat as much, so I think I got the best deal.

We started out each morning relaxing, playing with the kids and eating breakfast. I personally spent a good amount of time perfecting my latte. I remembered my coffee and my traveling frother, but forgot my favorite mug, drip filter and special pouring cup. I found some make-shift parts in the cabin and made it work. It was tops to sip my coffee, look out at the lake, joke with my family and watch the kids play together.

After this we'd get some water time in at the pool or lake. They are both close to the cabin, which made things easier for trips back for snacks, more water toys, etc.

Barbara
swam next to the boat and pushed Matthew out into the lake. She does this for him every year. It's tradition now. Thank you Barbara! Madeleine stayed back with me and threw rocks into the water. Marc walked out a bit and made a sign in the water using rocks that said "I love (heart) Christine". It took him a LONG time and the rocks were heavy, so I really think he loves me. That was one of the sweetest things anyone ever did for me. Too bad for him that I have a long name. He scored tons of points on that one!

On white shirt night we ended up with a nice picture of the two of us on the deck at the cabin. After a busy afternoon, we'd all come back, clean up, get the kids in PJ's and start happy hour. It was a wonderful life. We all took turns on dinner duty. Every night people out did each other. We ate really well.

We'd finish off the day with a game of Balderdash, Yahtzee or Scrabble and then turn in for the night.

One day we diverted from the norm and took the kids out to play their first ever game of pee wee golf. They had the best time and were really pretty good at it! Madeleine wised up quickly and made a habit of walking the ball to the hole, setting it down and hitting it in...why try to hit it under castles and moving objects? That's just a waste of time, right?

All in all it was a fantastic time with the family. We even stopped in at the Nut Tree on the way home to take in some rides and listen to some free Dixieland music in the courtyard.

2 comments:

Ginette said...

What a blast! That sounds like it was a fun trip. I love the family portrait ...and the pic of your name in the water. So sweet.

Margie in Oakland said...

three million romantic points for Marc.