Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stitches

Madeleine is doing much better since her big fall opening night of the Olympics. And I'm doing better now too since I got a chance to see the ceremony at my friends house on her DVR the other night. :)

Here she is on her way to get the stitches out. The abscess that developed is gone, the swelling is down, and the portion of the cut that didn't require stitching is mending great.

The doctor had a hard time getting the stitches out. He attributed her uncontrollable screaming and lashing to emergency room post traumatic stress. I think I'd be a little pissy too if someone put me on a stretcher, strapped me in with a straight jacket, and started pulling string through my chin. She gets a pass from me.

Madeleine is always happy, but the week after her fall she told us she was mad and didn't like her mommy, daddy, or her house. However, once the doctor came in with a razor blade to cut the stitches out she quickly started screaming for her mommy and daddy to take her back to her house!

The doctor said a scar is likely, but we have faith that our prayers can change this course and that her chin can completely heal. Please pray for little M that her boo boo heals swiftly without scarring and that her trust in doctors can be restored. While you're praying, please also put in a good word for Matthew. He has been battling eczema on his chin and upper lip and could use some relief. I don't know what's going on with our kids and their chins!

Marc brought home a child size violin from Sony today. Matthew and Madeleine both LOVED it and performed for us all night. Little M took on the Olympic spirit and didn't let her injury get in the way. Matthew told us he was performing Gershwin, thanked his audience for being so polite and took a bow. They both seemed so delighted at the opportunity to play the violin and looked so adorable doing it. It was definitely the best concert in town tonight! Free too...can't beat that! No unions in our house yet.

2 comments:

Ginette said...

OUCH! That is quite a boo boo. I am curious, what caused the gash? I am sure that she will heal well, God made those little bodies so perfect for healing. We will keep all the chins in our prayers though. :)

Margie in Oakland said...

I had no idea!!!! So sorry about the chins. Try tea tree oil on the scar area...its a healing oil.

Congrats on the young musicians, its good to start young!!