Monday, December 15, 2008

Merry Christmas! You're the BEST!

This morning Madeleine knocked on the door as I was taking my shower. I was wondering what she needed...more cereal, milk, for me to play with her? I turned off the water and opened the door so that I could hear her more clearly. The whole process made me cold and eager to get back to my spa time. Her words warmed me right up as she spoke so sweetly to me, in her nearly 3yr old helium voice "you're the BEST, mom!" and then walked away. The way she says "BEST" and the emphasis she uses, really is the best.

Both of the kids are generous with their accolades. Sometimes I'm the best and sometimes it's Marc and sometimes they even share this kind of love with each other.

It's a great time of year to share our best. In church yesterday, our pastor was talking about how we all make sure to have a special dress or outfit for the holidays. In theory, we want to look nice all the time, but we pay special attention at this time of year. Of course, how we present ourselves is more than just clothes. Our character, our words, our tone, our acts should be pretty/nice looking too. We should adorn ourselves in our own personal best everyday and find ways to be a blessing to each other.

There are a lot of people I could share the word "BEST" with in my life. Some people are the best at listening to me when I need it, teasing me and making me laugh, praying for me, departing their wisdom, sharing a bench and conversation with me during a play date, or telling me I'm great just when I think I'm not.

You all touch me in a different way and make my world brighter. You're the BEST! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful blog and photos!
We love you all so much and pray that
God blesses your Christmas season!
May it be merry and bright!
Love, The Watts

Anonymous said...

Christine,
You are "the best". We loved the pictures and the message in your blog. You have such a beautiful and loving family.
Love the Castro's